Thursday 1 May 2014

Welsh Poppies

Happy May 1st! Has the sunny weather arrived at last?  I hope so, it seems to have been a long winter to me. My card this morning is definitely not wintery, we have a new hostess this month at CAS Colours and Sketches, it's Lizy, from Lizy's House of Cards and she's starting off with a gorgeous colour scheme of Daffodil delight, Pacific Point and Smoky Slate.
Here's the card I made



I stamped the text, which is a Waltzing Mouse stamp set I was very lucky to have won a couple of years ago, in Pacific Point, adding the flower, from Simply Sketched on top. The ever useful Gorgeous Grunge adds a splash of colour and I've used the Smoky Slate as a mat. Here's a close up of the flower


Another way to use Grunge, I'm so addicted to this stamp set, it's so useful! Yellow poppies are called Welsh poppies around where I live, hence the title of the post, but I'm not sure if that's their true name.
Hope you have fun with this colour combo too.  Looking forward to visiting some blogs!

5 comments:

  1. I love how the grunge ink splat has coloured in the poppy bud Louise! A brilliant way of combining these sets and beautiful colours too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Louise! Genius idea with the Gorgeous Grunge colouring the poppy! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! I just love this!! What an amazing idea to color the flowers with a splash!! I must remember!!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with the others - I love how you've used the splash image to color in the poppies! This card is CAS awesomeness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card Louise - you have used the colours perfectly - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx