Wednesday 14 May 2014

Up up and Away

There's a new challenge this morning over at The Male Room, the challenge blog for all masculine projects for the men and boys in our lives. This time we are asking you to create a card (or other project) with a moving part.
Here's mine


 When I imagined doing this project I thought that the moving part would be some clever fold, but in the end I've just gone with a free hanging basket on my balloon- well, it does move! The little house scene is a TH die cut and I put coloured card behind the windows. The sky is lightly embossed with my SU cloud folder and I made the balloon freehand, cutting the shape out of several DPs and card stock and layering them together. I laced the basket to the balloon with twine and have tied on a small key, which adds weight and keeps the basket swinging below the balloon. Finally, I used a die cut shape and a sentiment from Happiest Birthday Wishes. It folds flat(ish) to fit in the envelope.



3 comments:

  1. Super card! I love the dimensional balloon and the hanging basket with key. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to put the banner on the balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing project! The balloon is beautiful and the banner is perfectly draped over it. Clever on the moving basket.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx