Thursday 24 July 2014

Spotlight on Swallowtail

First week of the Summer holidays for us! Hooray! I love my long summer holiday, one of the main reasons for working in a school, but not always the best for crafting, too many other things to do! I managed to get this one done though, my DT card for this week's Sketch Challenge from CAS Colours and Sketches

This sketch instantly put me in mind of a spotlight card and so that's what I have tried to do.I stamped the large Swallowtail on two sheets of paper, matching them up to form the diagonal line. I did it this way because when I tried joining the card and then stamping I got an edge shadow on the image.
Then I stamped the image again, using my Big 'n' Juicy ink pad to get a rainbow effect and die cut the circle. My circle is a bit more central than in the sketch-that's OK, as long as we can see the elements of the sketch.
Finally, I sponged the edges of the circle, added the sentiments from a set called Happy Congratulations.


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I love the colours and the spotlight technique works brilliantly here. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to use the sketch Louise - must get that stamp out again as I don't use it enough! Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx