Thursday 31 July 2014

Double Daisy

There are 5 Thursdays in July this year, so that allows the DT at CAS Colours and Sketches to offer the ultimate double challenge, use the colours and the sketch.
Here they are...

This one made me think! I am not a fan of circles, I think other people's cards are much better than my own when it comes to circles. For a start off, they need to be die cut or punched for me, can't stand circles that are not perfect on my own cards. As I only own a few sizes of circles and only one size of scalloped circle this leaves me a bit limited. So, what if I was to use a large flower instead? I can fussy cut that to my heart's content. Only one set to reach for, Decorate a Daisy, seldom out of it's box I am afraid. Then, how to get the circles poking out? Well, I cheated and used Off The Grid as a background, allowing parts to peak through. As I had the stamp set out I used the banner, thank goodness for my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig which allowed me to add a Happy Birthday greeting from Happiest Birthday Wishes.

Have fun with the double challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Stunning - I just love the off the grid stamp!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so, so pretty! I love the colours and the way you've used the grid pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx