Thursday 17 July 2014

First Work of Art

It's a colour week at CAS Colours and Sketches and apart from these lovely colours I also have a new stamp set to play with (the title of this post does give it away)

 I know that the card itself is not particularly original, I have seen a few around of this design and liked them so much I decided to make my own version. The bottom swipe is a stamped off version of Perfect Plum. My dark purple is actually Blackberry Bliss. It is OK to substitute your own shade or other brand of ink, as long as it is basically the same colour palette.The flowers and leaves are from Stippled Blossoms and there is a tiny purple gem inside each flower centre. I LOVE the style of the sentiment, it's also from a new set, Fabulous Four- I can tell these are going to be my new best friends!


I used Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss cardstock to make the mats. I am very happy with the new In Colours from Stampin' Up, not trying to sell them, just commenting!

2 comments:

  1. dear Louise - thanks so much for the inspiration - made me look out my Stippled Blossoms set again. I just love what you did with this.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Louise. Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx