Wednesday 23 October 2013

Moose on the Loose

I did have a lovely birthday yesterday, and enjoyed a special meal out with my extended family but life in blogland goes on and so I had to have my post ready this morning for The Male Room, where we have a brand new challenge for you
Nature

This challenge blog is all about cards for men/boys and I joined the DT team because these were the cards I found most difficult to make. I think nature is a fairly easy theme for masculine cards, so I'm expecting to visit lots of blogs to leave a comment! Here's my card

I've used some woodgrain DP and embossed a panel of Chocolate Chip cs. The wooden button comes from the recycled button box. I stenciled the aspen trees and added some shading with my aquapainter, before stamping on the moose image.  I got this stamp in Yellowstone NP Visitor centre - isn't he great? I've also coloured him in with the aquapainter.  The sentiment is from  Pennant Parade and it would be a big wish granted if I'd seen one of these magnificent creatures in the wild when I was in the US but it wasn't to be.

4 comments:

  1. Super card - really like the aspen trees and that moose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card-that moose is fab!!and a happy belated birthday!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great male card, hope your day if awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Louise - great moose stamp - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx