Thursday 3 October 2013

Charming Birthday/Anniversary

Challenge #45 at CAS Colours and Sketches is a colour challenge which is very close to the heart of our hostess for October, Patricia.  These are colours from her wedding and today she and her husband are celebrating 21 years of marriage - congratulations to you both!


I decided to take a stamp set which I have barely used, Charming, and give it a whirl and,as promised, I've used another long and thin card base.


 I don't have Soft Sky so I took the palest blue and stamped the ink pad down on some white card 5 times. I then stamped the image in Basic Grey 4 times and once in Cherry Cobbler. I mounted these 5 panels onto to Basic Grey CS and then again onto Cherry Cobbler card.  Before sticking this down I stamped the text from the stamp set down the left side and finally I heat embossed the Happy Birthday in silver. I could easily have made this an anniversary card - I should have and then I could have sent it to Patricia and her husband!
Hope you'll join in with our challenge this week, do have a look at the cards from the other DT girls.  Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Very elegant! I like this long, thin card and those elegant flourish images! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to get stuck in the rut of making A2 sized cards (since the organization I donate many of them to prefers that size) so long, narrow cards like yours always catch my eye. I like how the background text visually balances out the sentiment. The flourishes are very pretty, too!
    An anniversary card from England would have been very unexpected! :) Thank you for the sweet thoughts. I don't mind that you made a birthday card for the challenge. Make something you know you'll use.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx