Saturday 21 September 2013

Silver Tree

Getting in the mood for making Christmas cards yet?  Those of you who are regulars at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown must have an impressive stash by now, like me! But, if you haven't made a start yet, this week's challenge is sure to get you going! Ruth is our hostess for the month of September and this week she's asked us all to make cards featuring Christmas Trees


I have lots of lovely Christmas tree stamps and I had planned to use one and then an idea got into my head for a less traditional tree, and here it is


The tree is a die cut, and I used silver mirriboard to cut it out of,  the baubles are of course silver gems. I've used a couple of matching DPs from Stampin' Up and the sentiment is from Whacky Wishes. The inside of my card looks like this


More paper, a tree without decorations and the other half of the sentiment.  I do hope you like my contemporary take on the good old Christmas tree theme.  Can't wait to visit your blogs and see what you come up with, oh, and do pop on over to the challenge blog to see the work from the rest of the DT.  Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Louise, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE the silver card and the gorgeous gems for ornamentation! HUGS and have a great rest of the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your contemporary take on the Christmas tree theme. The diecut tree is fab and the gems give it some glamour too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I DO love your contemporary Christmas card Louise. Just fabulous!! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - the silver tree is perfect for Christmas - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Louise! I love the bare tree and it looks wonderful cut from silver mirri card - the gems add such a lovely sparkle too! As you say, a contemporary take and the sentiment is contemporary too - and I love that you put the new year bit inside! Extra Muzzy Merit points awarded for a decorated inside! ; )
    Have a great week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tree die is fantastic! I like how you decorated the tree on the front but left it plain on the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is fabulous Louise, all icy looking in silver and with those gems! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx