Saturday 14 September 2013

Holiday Memories

I'm Back!! After a few weeks break I'm raring to go again, so much so that I've come back a week early, well, I couldn't resist Ruth's colour challenge this week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown -red, white and kraft

 It really is one of my all time favourites for Christmas and this time I've used the colours in a scene. I was really lucky to spend part of my summer holiday in Colorado, and in a small place called Estes Park I came across an amazing little craft shop....can you imagine my excitement (and my family's groans!). I met some lovely crafty ladies who were doing a card making workshop and browsed around finding so many gorgeous things. Here is a card I've made using some of my new goodies

 The aspen tree stencil is to die for, I've used kraft ink and aqua washed the stems a little to add the shadows- you can see better on this photo


 The elk are die cut, it's a stag, a doe and a fawn in the set but I used two stags and two does, adding glitter to the antlers before sticking them in the trees. The card base is kraft and the mat is red and, in honour of Ruth, I have popped the little fawn inside


The greeting is from Sassy Salutations, of course.I have entered the weekly Christmas challenge at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge blog and I am going to enter my card in the challenge at Make My Monday too where they are looking for a scene, a wintery scene from me.
Do have a look at the cards from the rest of the design team, lots of inspiration for you, to get you started.  Can't wait to get visiting all your blogs again to see your projects.

9 comments:

  1. Love, love this card. The aspen trees are just super, you really have got some depth to the image. I think the group of deer work perfectly. Really like the little fawn inside. Clean, simple and just lovely.

    Good to have you back. Your trip to the crafting shop sounds fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scene thank you for joining us this week at MMM, Laura DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stencil is SO amazing!!! I LOVE the fabulous scene you created!!! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wintry scene
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louise I am loving this soooooo much - it's stunning. Thanks for joining in at MMM too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that is so gorgeous! Absolutely love the winter scene you created with this color combo. Did I already say Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Louise, welcome back! Sounds like you had a fab time away if it included new crafty goodies! ; )

    What a beautiful card and I love how you've added shading to the aspen trees - a fabulous touch! The group of deer are wonderful too and, of course, I adore the little fawn inside!

    Have a great week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those trees are amazing. I love the quiet, peaceful scene you've created. Welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the deer against the background - very attractive and effective - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 142 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx