Wednesday 11 September 2013

My Dad was A Golfer

I haven't really been away from The Male Room as I scheduled my posts before I went on holiday - it's a little bit easier as it runs biweekly instead of weekly.  I may however not have got around to commenting on all your lovely masculine cards, so apologies for that and I guarantee I will be leaving comments on all the entries for this challenge.  As usual we have a theme and today it is SPORTS AND HOBBIES - easy for a man I think.
I tried several different ideas for this one but this one is the best (and the quickest to make - isn't that so often the way!)

My Dad was a golfer in his younger days, I think he had to give up playing when he was about 76! Anyway, he inspired this card.  It is a pretty straight forward piece of paper layering.  I used a scalloped circle and a stipple brush to make the cloudy sky, ripped the edge of the green card to simulate grass and have used the debossed side of a swiss dots folder to make the ball. The golf balls my Dad had always had writing on them, so I've added the writing from Nature Walk - seemed authentic enough.The dark green mat is also embossed, this time with Mosaic Madness. A cocktail stick and a couple of hand cut triangles to make the flag and the tee, the flag is curled to add some dimension, finish the job.  The sentiment is from Happiest Birthday Wishes - such a versatile set.


I'm also going to pop this one into the challenge at The Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge, which I just discovered and where the theme is Sports and into this month's Male themed challenge at The Cupboard Trilogy, in the card challenge.

4 comments:

  1. What a fab card!!i never would have thought of doing the ball like this!!love it!irene x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - very clever! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise, what a great card for a man, love the Golf Ball. Thank you for entering our Fussy and Fancy Challenge and good luck. Sam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx