Saturday 28 June 2014

Charming Christmas

It is the last Saturday in June and so my last week as hostess at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and I'm leaving you with a stash challenge. I often browse the packets of charms available in the craft stores but never too sure how to use them, so this was initially a challenge to myself (and a chance to see what the rest of you can create to give me some ideas for the future!)


I've used two charms, the bird and the birdhouse, and I had the
Idea of the bird decorating his home for the Christmas season. I used an aspen tree stencil  and I've added some Dazzling Details frost. I stamped and embossed the banner, before fussy cutting it out.
Here are some close ups of those little charms....



6 comments:

  1. Louise - thank you for some wonderful challenges this month. I had lots of fun. I really like the charms you've used. The decorated birdhouse is really cute and I do like the sparkle on the trees. Fab work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolument charmant louise, très original et si mignon, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the creative way you used non-Christmas charms to make such a pretty Christmas card. The stenciled trees are perfect for this. Really enjoyed your month of challenges Louise. Hugs and happy weekend. D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab use of those lovely charms Louise, I love the birdie decorating his house for the festive season! Those sparkled aspen trees make a beautiful background!

    Thank you for a wonderful month of challenges, I had a great time making my Christmas cards this month! : )
    Have a great week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Louise - how darling is that birdie? :) Your idea of the bird decorating his house for Christmas is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cute charms Louise and the way you used them in the Christmas scene. I know what you mean about charms - they are lovely, but I am never sure how to use them either !
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx