Wednesday 11 June 2014

A Nice Pear for Dad

A traditional male challenge at The Male Room this week: Fathers' Day, which is on Sunday, here in the UK in case you've forgotten. Actually I've spent most of the afternoon helping my son create a card for my other half, but I did find time to make this one, using a technique which I wanted to try out and entering a couple of  challenges at the same time.
I was intrigued by the challenge at Cas-ual Fridays- create a card for a male without using Kraft (easy!) and including a ribbon of some kind (which breaks all the rules for man cards having no fussy/frilly bits!). So I just had to try it. This is my card



The stamping is done by printing a background, stamping the image and then overlaying a top piece of card with an aperture cut out over the image stamped again and lining them up. This way there is no overhang, the image edges are crisp. I decided to offset my image this time.



For the ribbon I used a piece of striped DP (which you can see I used inside my card too) and overlaid a piece of Old Olive spotted and scalloped ribbon. The sentiment is from Best Dad Ever.
The second challenge is Make My Monday where they also want cards for males.
The card will be for my father, he lives in the next-door county to us- Worcestershire, and the emblem is a pear so it is quite fitting, green is also his favourite colour


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stamping! Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love the cut out window and the stamping! Thanks for
    joining us at Make My Monday! Joan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Louise - how your dad likes it - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be so late commenting on your card. I love the layered stamping, the simplicity of the design - it's absolutely fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! Loved how you layered it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great masculine card!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx