Thursday 12 June 2014

Red White and Blue

We have a sketch challenge this week at CAS Colours & Sketches and it's an intriguing one, I rather like it and am really pleased with my card, although it took me a while to think Clean and Simple. See what you think


There are lots of ways to go with this one, I was trying to create a card for a teenager. I found a charity in the UK to send cards to sick children. All kids love getting post don't they and this is the reason behind Post Pals, 'putting a smile on a sick child's face'. Handcrafted cards are very welcome so I thought I'd send one.
My colours are inspired by the challenge at The Paper Players, a fabulously patriotic red, white and blue combo. I was going to make a Fathers' Day card at first, these colours would be great for that too. Unfortunately, I was too late Linking  up there, just too disorganised, but I still think the colours are great. Instead I am going to enter the challenges at Make My Monday with this card, as I think it's definitely a male card and at since this is very CAS, at Addicted To Stamps and More too.


Enough jabbering, here's my card


I used an old roller stamp which I once ordered by accident, can't remember having used it before and rolled out the three colours (yes, the white is stamped using Adirondack Snow Cap ink, which you can see in real life, if you look closely). The die cut is new, I cut out two in the red and blue and used the blue to form a shadow to the red one. Finally I die cut a few stars 


I love the way this looks in real life and if it brings a smile to someone's face all the better! Better get down to the post office and send it off.


5 comments:

  1. Very clever - lov e the way you made the sentiment - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card thank you for joining us this week at make my Monday, Laura DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture and your shadowed sentiment. Great card. thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Louise. I love the layered sentiment and that background is seriously fabulous. Yes, it would definitely make someone happy to get this. Thanks so much for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card! Love the smattering of stars!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx