Saturday 1 February 2014

Study in Red and Gold

The first Saturday in February and we have a new hostess over at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, one of our founders-Jacqueline. As usual, Jacqueline kicks off with a sketch for you to play with


I chose a large circle (seem to have a thing for circles right now) and I've chosen to make it really large, to fill my card, as I wanted to use the wreath stamp I had for Christmas again.


 Believe me, this card is much more attractive in RL.  The wreath is simply embossed in gold, tried paper piecing small red berries, but that looked rubbish, so went for gems instead.  I used gold mirri card for the matt and red glitter card for the panels, they are straight but don't look it here.  The sentiment is a peel-off.  As I used a red card stock for my card blank I have put a liner inside. I will be using this one for someone special I think, with all that bling!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! The colors are SO elegant and I adore the berry gems--so fabulous! I just adore that wreath image! And, yes, great minds think alike--LOVE me some glitter paper! ;) HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise - love the gold embossing on the wreath - very lush! Hugs Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. elle est si chic et brillante Louise, une magnifique carte très élégante, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous color scheme Louise! I had a thing for square cards for a while :o) Love the sparkle on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this card looks pretty amazing in the photo! I love the gold, red and black - really rich! The wreath is beautiful and I do like the little gem accents! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wreath image is lovely - I understand why you wanted to use it again! :) The gems make perfect holly berries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks pretty amazing in the photo, Louise. Love that colour combo
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card you ladies at 52 really did outstanding work this week.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx