Wednesday 19 February 2014

No time like the present...

At The Male Room this morning there is a new challenge for male cards and it is for a retirement card.
I'll admit I found this a bit problematic as I think humorous cards are perfect for this occasion and I didn't think of anything to fit the bill. But, at my monthly craft club our leader, Jo, had this amazing sentiment stamp which I thought would be OK and my card is based on that


It has a kind of vintage feel, without the 'frilly bits' , the clock faces were embossed in white onto the DP, the spots were stamped onto a sponged background and the squares are actually brads (do you think they look like cufflinks too?)

5 comments:

  1. Perfect sentiment for a retirement card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sentiment! And yes I do think the brads look like cufflinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the sentiment - I think that the idea of time as a present is super. Love the vintage feel and the square brads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Louise - perfect for the theme - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an amazing job on your retirement card! Love the colors and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx