Wednesday 5 February 2014

Fruity Be My Valentine

Second Valentine card of the week and it's still over a week to go to Valentines' Day! This time though the challenge was to make a Valentines card for a man, for the challenge over at The Male Room So, I cheated a bit and asked my other half what he thought would be good, only one thing came out of our discussion, for him, ribbons/bows are a no-no on a mans card. So, left more or less to my own devices, here's what I came up with

I used a stamp set called fruit and flowers, and it was only after stamping and masking that I realised that I had two of each- then I made the sentiment on my computer. The circles are actually apertures and the DP has a textured surface, which doesn't show up so well, but complements the Naturals White card I used for the images (the card base is actually Kraft).  I found two sparkly hearts lurking at the bottom of my ebellies box and added them and the other sentiment is from Delightful Dozen.
I think my husband will like this one, we'll see ;)

4 comments:

  1. This is cute!! Food is one way to a man's heart :o) I sure you husband will love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way 'no ribbons and bows' translates to 'fruit' Louise! I love the use of the apertures. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your take on the Valentine theme, I think the fruit work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card - I hope he likes it - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx