Monday 3 February 2014

Raspberry Ripple Heart

February began last Saturday and today is the first Tuesday in that month and so that means there is a brand new challenge at Technique Time Tuesday and it is so much fun! I had really never tried this before, but the results are awesome-it's like magic! If you hop on over to the blog there is a full description/video of the technique - Shaving Foam Printing - you use it to create background for your projects, and whilst playing I made a few more backgrounds I'll definitely be using in the future.
Here's my card, inspired by February being the month for love!


Once I'd created the background the rest was simple, a computer generated sentiment, a key charm, three rhinestones and a ribbon, it's made.  I absolutely love it! It took a few tries to get the heart as I wanted, and I used two shades of pink ink. My foam cost 26p from the supermarket, and inks are fairly inexpensive too (especially if you did what I did and got together with a friend to share) so this technique won't cost a lot either.  I am going to enter my card in a few  other challenges too, I've used most of the colour palette from ColourQ and the theme for this month at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge is love, along with Addicted To CAS

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card, the marbling is absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise. Such a fabulous technique! Love the swirly design of your shaving foam heart. The key charm is amazing. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, this is absolutely BRILLIANT!! I LOVE that this card still has a CAS feel and I adore the creative way you did your swirling! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun background - Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful Louise, playing with shaving foam can be addictive! Great card.Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Did you try to make a heart swirl or did that just happen? Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab Technique, thanks for sharing and thanks for taking part in The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the swirly background, pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet Louise! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic background and a lovely card. Thank you for taking part in the Cupboard Trilogy Challenge.

    Liz xx [DT]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the technique for your heart! Simply beautiful! Thank you for joining us this month at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges!

    Kat (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx