Saturday 23 November 2013

Tinsel Tree

When I was thinking of my challenges, back in late Summer, I was really excited by this one - it was the first one I came up with and I was so pleased with myself. Now, in wet and windy November, I couldn't get an idea going....typical!


 I thought I wanted to do a silhouette, and I have, kind of, just not as 'silhouetted' as I first thought.


I masked off the 'moon' on my block, added inks and spritzed before printing onto the white CS. There is lots of shimmer that you can't see as I dusted the whole scene with silver mica powder, after stamping the tree image. I added the 'tinsel' with a white gel pen and mounted the scene on black cs.  I had just the right DP (I thought) until closer inspection revealed that the stripes were brown, not black, so I remedied that with my black Promarker pen and a ruler! Finally, I used another piece of DP, already printed with a kind of watercolour-spritzed effect for the base layer and added white glitter chipboard letters to make my sentiment.
Just thought I'd also share with you news of my lucky win at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge.  A couple of weeks ago I won a voucher-look at my new stash! Thank you to Hazel, who runs these weekly challenges, and the lovely lady at Foil Play who helped me with my order. I was well chuffed all round!


4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Louise! I love the technique you have used and I think this is one challenge I shall be entering! Convention was really great....so much inspiration!!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is TOTALLY amazing, Louise! I LOVE the masking and the different colors you used--totally pinning this one! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shut the front door Louise - this is absolutely gorgeous in every way. LOVE how you masked the area for the moon. Wowie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the moonlit background you've created with the acrylic block - looks fabulous! A really frosty image.

    Love this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx