Saturday 23 March 2013

Monochrome Madison Avenue

A new stamp and a new colour ( well, not new, in my stash, but I don't think I've used it before) for the Monochrome clean and simple challenge at Make My Monday.  This card was made with Madison Avenue and Calypso Coral with a little bit of help from some nestabilties dies. I wanted a lovely warm,spring colour and I think this hits the spot.

I used a sentiment from Friendly Phrases, inking  up the part I wanted with my marker, and I also used the same  marker to colour the three little heart gems.
We are all spending the day at home as it is snowing here (it's supposed to be spring!) so you may be seeing a card or two more from me this weekend.  Happy crafting!

8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely cheery card Louise. I got this set too and was going to have a go with it this afternoon, but not got round to it yet. Good to see what you have done with it. Love Viji. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great monochromatic card, Louise - love the warm spring colour. Thanx for joining us at Make my Monday.
    Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really haven't grown to love Calypso Coral - it just seems to dominate everything. But it really works just on white as you have used it. It's so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same Kim, I think that's why it's sat in my stash without being really used for so long. But, I'm going to learn to love it (well, try anyway!)

      Delete
  4. A Fab card Louise. I love the Calypso Coral colour and I use it a lot

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at MMM with this bright spring time card.
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its gorgeous Louise! I love the Calypso Coral - its one of my favorite oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with our MMM challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx