Thursday 12 May 2016

The Cats whiskers

There is a new challenge today from CAS Colours & Sketches and it's a real clean and simple sketch

I've made the diagonals with washi tape and tried to pick up the colours in the cats eyes and collar tag.


Matting the white background onto a white card with foam pads always gives a CAS card a crisp look, I think


To add a bit of interest I fussy cut out the little cats' head and also popped that up, which also allowed me to overlap the washi tape.


It's a bit of a cute card for me, but to be honest I was lacking a bit in creative mojo and time. I am pleased to have used up some of my stash (the washi tape) and a stamp set that I rarely use.

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous washi, image and sentiment. Love this fun cat themed card and great interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you regarding popping up the white layer on the white cardbase, it really makes a stylish CAS card. I like that you cut out the head so that it overlapped the washi to really tie the two elements together. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love the paper choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike *and* we both got use our washi stashes! It is a cute card, but lovely and CAS too. It's great! Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little cat - love how you popped his head up over the washi! I am a bit of a washi hoarder so it's a perfect style to use some

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you've popped that cute kitty up over the washi tape. The sentiment is purr-fect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, beautiful Washi tape and love how you 'popped' the cats head up on foam. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx