Thursday 5 May 2016

Another use for the brayer!

We have a new hostess at CAS Colours & Sketches, Caro and she's starting this morning with a colour combo that I just love. Making my card was so easy this morning!

I used my bird punch and Language of Friendship stamp set to make this one.  The tricky bit was doing the mirror image stamping but since I have rediscovered my brayering it was a sinch!


I used tone on tone stamping for the wings and the branch and some foam pads to add a little dimension.


The sentiment is made up from a magazine freebie and a stamp from Happiest Birthday Wishes. I have used some Naturals White cardstock for the card base. It makes it a little softer than white.


Have a look at the challenge blog for more inspiration from my teamies. 

8 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous 3D effect on your birdies and I love how each colour has its own bit on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Louise! Gorgeous birds and placement and I love the use of the colours. The sentiment is perfect too - I really like how you've put two such different fonts together - it works brilliantly. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brayered mirror image is very clever Louise, not tried that before! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card Louise - I love the tone on tone stamping and the popped up wings. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card! I love how it looks like the leafy stem is a present between the birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet card - I do like the little die cut birds and the sentiment is super. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect use of the colours! Love the use of naturals white here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and very clever to use the brayer to mirror the image with such stunning results. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx