Wednesday 25 May 2016

Critter Card

I'm not sure I know what a 'critter' actually is but I'm hoping it includes reptiles as I've used my little gecko stamp on my card for The Male Room today. I certainly don't have any bug stamps....I'm not a fan.


At first I thought of stamping the little gecko repeatedly to make a background. I got all the way to the finished card and decided it didn't work...too busy. I picked the parts I liked best and distilled them into this, much more CAS card


I liked the little fussy cut gecko, with his shiny eyes, I liked the tail of the gecko stamped on the edge as if he's just wandered across the card....


...and I liked the colouring in of the lettering when it was just a few solid lines, not too accurate. This time I also went for monotone, using a Promarkers pen, yep, it's all done with just one pen and one ink pad, Mossy Meadow.



Finishing touches include a black mat. 

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! Great minds think alike! Love your little geeko and the outline words! Great take on the challenge! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx