Thursday 25 June 2015

Oops A Daisy one layer plus

Happy Thursday! Today I'm enjoying my day off, one day later than usual as work is hectic at the moment. Anyway, we have a lovely sketch challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches this morning and I managed to combine the sketch with a couple of other challenges, which is always a bonus!

CAS on Sunday have a one layer challenge. My first version of this card is for that. I have also used the colours from the photo inspiration at Stampin' Royalty, they are such gorgeously summer shades, ...love them



I challenged myself too, to use a stamp set which I almost never get out, Decorate A Daisy. I teamed it up with my fave Gorgeous Grunge, and a sentiment from Sweet Cake . As you can see I created the panel by cutting an aperture to reveal the image stamped inside....I do hope this qualifies as one layer! You will see that I actually cut two apertures and added some scoring around the two 


This was my first attempt and I cut straight through the sentiment panel when I cut the second vertical...aaaarrgghhh! Instead of wasting it I made a second card with the greeting stuck down to the inside of the card.

For both cards I heat embossed the Daisy image, used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to ensure accurate positioning and masking to allow me to layer the images.


This second card I kept even more CAS by not using the Grunge stamps so much.

I

4 comments:

  1. Love them both, well done for saving that slip so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great save on your "oops" card! Both are terrific. I like the idea of cutting the apertures out of the card front - I never think to do fun stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Us crafters never waste anything do we! Lovely summery colours Louise. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx