Thursday 18 June 2015

For My Dad

Hello! This morning I have a very clean and simple Fathers' Day card, which I have made for my Dad. I used the colours from this week's challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches


If, like me, you don't have these colours just use something close - I used a Matt silver, More Mustard and a generic green to stamp on my card. I also used two of my 'go to' stamp sets, Wetlands and Work Of Art. Do you have favourite stamp sets too? Ones which you love to use over and over again? I've teamed them up with the Hello You thinlets die and Best Ever Dad, to make the sentiment.


I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch






I used the silver and the green stamped and then stamped off to create the four panels. Then I stamped the goose in More Mustard, carefully positioning the image with my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig so that the plumage of the bird would match up.



Finally I added the Happy, cut out of green card stock and stamped part of a sentiment in the silver. 

6 comments:

  1. Louise this looks so beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colours and that sweet goose! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours work so well for masculine cards and I love that giant happy die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used the CASE sketch with the four slabs of colour. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your Dad loved his card Louise. I love that 'happy' die and the way you've created the background for the image. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job combining the two challenges! I like how you stamped the square elements of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx