Saturday 2 May 2015

Santa Tag Card

Another Christmas card from me, for this week's challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and it's based on a sketch, from our hostess for May, Patricia. This one's real good


I've been doing a lot of stamping lately so,Imthought of give some of my DPs an airing. I started with the striped one and matted the red Christmas lights one on top. They come from the same set so they match up pretty good.


I used peel off sentiments to mask the joins, in the shiney green they add a bit of pizazz too


  The banners are replaced by ribbon loops for a bit of interest and I found some ribbon that matched up,so well. Have a look at my ribbon box, below, and you'll see lots of bits and pieces that I've kept thinking they will come in handy one day...and today was the day!


The little Santa is stamped from a set called Tag it and it's the first time of inking for this happy chap. I always find red a difficult colour of ink to match up, there are so many different shades. This was my best effort, not perfect I know.


Finally, I stamped a greeting on the inside. Here's that ribbon box I was talking about. Look familiar? Or perhaps you are one of those super-organised people who can keep things tidy, if you are I'm well jealous of you!


Hope you have time to play along with us this week. Just think of all those Christmas cards you'll have ready if you play every week.

9 comments:

  1. A lovely card Louise - very bright and jolly - J xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is fab - the papers are just lovely, really bold and bright. I like the way you've used the peeloffs (must use some of mine). Love the way you've used the ribbons on the tag. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cute little santa and the ribbon is a great embellishment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Louise! Yep that ribbon box looks familiar. I will never be a tidy, organised crafter ;-) Have a great weekend Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ce qu'elle est fun Louise, elle pétille et elle donne le sourire, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - so colourful Louise! Great use of those pretty papers. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those papers..such a fun Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Santa tag is too cute! I like your loopy ribbon treatment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card. I used to have my ribbon all in a mess like yours. I just finished organizing it a couple of months ago. So far it's still organized. We will see how long that lasts
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx