Thursday 30 April 2015

Tumbling Wallflowers

Quick post from me today to share with you my double challenge card for CAS Colours & Sketches. A double challenge means that we give you the sketch AND the colours to use. It always amazes me how many different cards we see in the gallery on these weeks, given that the style, colour and layout must be the same.

I saw a card in one of the challenges which had been stamped before embossing, and I thought I would give that a go. I used a stamp set called Blooming Marvelous and a brick wall background embossing folder.

After embossing I added a few more fussy cut blooms and a sentiment from the same set.. I mattered onto more white card before popping the panel up on foam pads.



In the photo below you can see the layers better.


I was hoping to create the look of flowers tumbling down a wall and got my inspiration from a photo I found on the Internet. These flowers create a splash of colour on an otherwise bare wall. 



3 comments:

  1. This is lovely - gorgeous embossed background too - J xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking how much your card reminded me of flowers tumbling down a garden wall when I scrolled down and there was your inspiration photo. Really pretty Louise and a great sketch and colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've definitely captured the idea of flowers trailing up (or down) a wall! I love the splashes of color against the white embossing. Super job, Louise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx