Friday 3 April 2015

Graffiti Stamping

At last! My card for The Male Room is done! I am not sure why it took me so long, but I had one of those eureka moments when I saw the sketch at  CASeThis Sketch this morning. Here it is


I was reminded of graffiti on a wall or fence and so set to work to recreate this idea. Now, I'm no Banksy and so I chose some stamps to be my slogans. Of course my background is the Hardwood stamp and I've used a Kraft card base. I used Rose Red, Mossy Meadow and Chocolate Chip inks.



You can see I used a blue mat layer, which helps the colours pop I think.
The challenge at The Male a room is to use metallic embossing and I've done this by stamping one of my 'slogans' in Versamark and then using copper embossing powder. I added a few bits of grunge too. Then I made a second card using Kraft to stamp on. I've left this one without grunge and this time I have left out the mat and used Kraft as my stamping base as well as for the card blank.




1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx