Saturday 3 August 2013

Silent Snow Flurry

A new month at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and a new hostess, Sarah will be hosting the challenges for August and she's started off with a cracking sketch,

I think this is such a classic design for a holiday card, my take is very contemporary but it goes with so many themes and techniques, just have a look at the different ideas from the DT!


I used a black card base and die cut some mirri card and more black CS to make the panels (mine are square, 'cos I didn't look closely enough at the sketch!).  The stamps are from a retired set called Snow Flurries, and I've heat embossed them in white.  I thought that the sentiment echoed the silent fall of snow too. I've used a bow in the corner for my shape, bit you can use any shape you like. I added the pop of strong pink - hope you like it!

5 comments:

  1. Louise, I really like your take on the sketch! The colours are fabulous - so contemporary, and I love the way you've built up each of the boxes! Super sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your colors Louise - how fabulous. I used squares too :o) Wonderful layering. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO shiny, Louise! LOVE the pop of purple--it's amazing! This is just so gorgeous and elegant! HUGS and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so bold and dramatic, fab colours Louise! Great take on the sketch layout too! Enjoy your break! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way your diamonds fit inside your mirrored squares! And the snowflakes are so subtly beautiful. I think this is a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx