Saturday 17 August 2013

CAS Holly Wreath

It's Saturday again and here's another challenge from the team at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  It's a theme week and the theme is 'Holly'
 Don't these look lovely and seasonal? I can never find holly with berries in the week before Christmas, is it because the birds eat them?  If you know why I'd be interested to know.  I always scout out a few good trees in early December
but when I go back...no berries!
Anyway, here's my card


I could only find a tiny, freebie holly sprig, with three leaves and three berries, so I layered it up into a wreath, using my Gumball Green marker.  The sentiment is from Merry and Type and was previously uninked. I made a triple bow, used a dark red mat and the card base is Naturals White. All in all a 5 minute card, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, I could make a whole batch in half an hour!
This will be my last post for 52 CCT for a few weeks, I'm taking a short break, but will be back half way through September.  I'm sorry- I will miss commenting on all your lovely cards, but I'll take a sneak peek every now and then if I can get to a computer and wifi whilst I'm away.

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Louise - loads of beries on your holly! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous holly wreath, really has a lot of depth. Love, love the pretty bow! Louise, enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did a fabulous job of layering that stamp into a wreath shape. I'm dully impressed - love the sentiment in the middle too. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all that stamping with a tiny stamp making a wreath took only a few minutes?! You did an amazing job Louise, the sentiment is perfect for your festive holly wreath! Enjoy your break and look forward to seeing you in a few weeks! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. It's amazing that this only took you 5 minutes! It's really beautiful. The wreath turned out very nice, didn't it? We don't have much holly around here, so I couldn't tell you why there aren't any berries at Christmas time. :) (I would get artificial ones!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your wreath turned out wonderfully! The bow is lovely, and I really like the rustic speckled look of the Naturals cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the fun holly wreath, Louise! Such a beautiful CAS feel to the card, too! HUGS and sorry it took me so long to comment this week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very festive card Louise, and I love the traditional colour combo

    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx