Thursday 13 June 2013

Inspired by Vicky

There's a blog which I visit almost every day because the lady there, Vicky, is so amazingly creative- she always inspires me with her fantastic stamping and brilliant ideas- if you haven't already, check out her blog  here.  Anyway, when I was over there yesterday I saw a beautiful card made for the challenge at The Paper Players and I so loved the colours that I thought I'd have a go too.

 Aren't they gorgeous! Combined with the challenge for CAS flowers at Make My Monday this is what happened

I love the idea of Pool Party to make leaves and Calypso Coral is a favourite of mine.  This two-step stamping set, Stippled Blossoms allows you to use a stamped off lighter shade of your colour for the base, adding the details in the full colour.  I've die cut two nesting ovals in the other two colours and added a button which is has So Saffron check and I dyed a piece of bakers' twine with my Early Expresso ink (very messy!).The sentiment is stamped in the same ink and comes from a set called Whacky Wishes. There are a few gems in the centres of the flowers.
I've added another flower stamped inside the card.  I am so taken with the combination of Calypso Coral and Pool Party that I think I might be back later with a slightly more CAS card for the Make My Monday challenge, depending on how much time I get later.

5 comments:

  1. Louise, What a beautiful balance on this card - the complex, detailed flowers/leaves really balance out the solid shapes in the ovals the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty, Louise! LOVE the luscious blooms and the dark brown frame really makes all the other colors POP! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Louise! I love how you positioned the flowers and used the pearls for the centers. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Louise

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful card Louise and the flowers are lovely. Thanks for joining in with our CAS Flower challenge at MMM.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx