Monday 17 June 2013

Fathers' Day and a New Blog!

This is a card I made for my Dad for Fathers' Day.  I haven't shown it before not because he would see it ( he has no clue about computers let alone blogging!) but because I was waiting for my friend Jacqueline to launch her DT call for a brand new challenge blog.  As soon as she told me her plans I wanted to be on the team, so I hope this card is upto scratch. The blog is called The Male Room and it's a man-card only challenge. Isn't that a brilliant idea?  We are always bemoaning the fact that we don't make enough cards for the boys, now here is a challenge to sort that out. Also, I love the fact that it's going to be a fortnightly challenge so I think I can manage that alongside my other DT commitments. All this talking....I need to show you my card!


I've used a grey pearlised card blank and some DP that reminded me of a shirt.  I stamped the ties from Best Dad Ever in 5 different colours on some more DP and added a tiny coordinating gem 'tie pin' to each one. Finally I stamped the greeting and cut out a tie shape, inking the edge slightly to add definition.
Dad loved it!  It's sitting on his mantelpiece right now.
While I'm here, I'll show you another card made with the same set, this time I made it for my son to give to my husband. Usually I let them loose on my stuff and they make their own cards but he's been doing his exams so I helped him out (the other two did make cards, although it was nearly midnight on Saturday when we finished!)


For this one I used the chalkboard technique, which is the featured technique this month over at Technique Tuesday Time.  I found another DP that reminded me of a shirt, made the chalkboard, using white ink to stamp and then sponging more over the top for that rubbed-out look.
Why not have try out for the DT too, it would be great working with you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louise - thanks for joining in the DT Call at The Male Room - love your cards especially the first one - those ties are very stylish - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx