Saturday 23 February 2013

Hi Ho Silver

Hi Ho Silver - that's the cry from Cas-ual Fridays challenge blog this week, whilst Merry Monday's challenge #50 is for an Elegant Christmas card. I've created a card that fits the bill for both..
 I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder to emboss the card blank with snowflakes and stamped the large ornament stamp from Merry and Type in Versamark, before heat embossing it in silver. I added gems to one of the baubles and 1 in the centre of the large one.  I matted the black card onto silver mirri card.  Finally I stamped the little oval Christmas Greeting and also heat embossed that in silver, popping it up on dimensionals.
A simple recipe, white, black and metallic -CAS and elegant I think.

9 comments:

  1. Silver, gems and simple white snowflakes - perfectly elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's very elegant Louise! I've got to get a couple made this week too! hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely elegant! Love the ornaments. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous - love the black and silver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant with the silver embossing against the black! Love the embossed snowflakes too! Thanks, Louise, for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black, silver and bling is definitely elegant an elegant combo, Louise. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louise - I love this stamp set and I love the way you embossed in silver on the black card stock. The added bling is the perfect finishing touch too - what an elegant card! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous - love the black and silver - goes well with the embossed snowflakes - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card, I love silver against the black. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx