Tuesday 19 February 2013

Candy Jars

Yay! I made it! I have been trying and trying to make a card for the Addicted To CAS challenge since it started and today, thanks to the half term holiday, I've done it. The cue word was CANDY, and I have a very sweet tooth so I love all kinds of sweets (except green ones - I make it a point never to eat green sweets!) .  I am really a chocoholic but this challenge didn't say chocolate it said candy so here goes....

I stamped the jar from Perfectly Preserved onto white card and covered it in double sided tape.  Then I sprinkled on the 'card candy' circles. Then I stamped another jar, this time in white onto acetate and cut it out.  I stamped the lid from the jar in violet and attached it to the acetate. I originally had one jar but felt it needed the second one too. I then stuck the candy jars onto a white card blank. The whole thing is very 3D!
The sentiment is from the Sweet Cake set and I think it's perfect for the project, I just added one each of the 'sweeties'. I am so pleased with the way this turned out.

5 comments:

  1. Love your jars of colourful candy! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little jars of candy! And you even included the green ones. :) Thanks for joining us at ATCAS this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect candy!!! I love your use of that Perfectly Preserved jar - because it comes with other autumn stamps I never think of it at other times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your candy-filled jars are adorable!! Love them ... and love all that gorgeous dimension!! And I'm glad you included the green sweets too :) Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to CAS! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliantly done! These jars look perfect filled with candy. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx