Saturday 23 February 2013

Christmas on Mars?

I may have pushed the boundaries too far this time folks! Danielle, our lovely hostess and setter of challenges for the month of February at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown has chosen felt embellishments for this week. I looked in the shops and in my boxes of stash and couldn't find anything that I thought would make a Chistmas card. Look at these wonderful embellies Danielle found to inspire you
I had felt cupcakes, and moons, stars and sheep, and aliens. So I had to think a bit more laterally - Hey I can do aliens!!
So this is my Christmas card, a heat embossed silver tree, trimmed with blue and red gems and a little felt alien, matted onto some very martian green dp. Oh, you need to see inside -

It's a different style for me and I'm going to have to think hard who I will send it to, not aged aunts or well respected community members, but I have lots of friends who like a laugh and I'm sure it will end up in appreciative hands! So go on, push your creativity too, there are lots of challenges out there.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely AWESOME Louise!!! This had me giggling out loud with glee over how creatively you did this . I think it would be a tremendously fun card to get for Christmas. Thanks for being such a great sport about it! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise - I said it before and I will say it again - this is fabulous. Love your creative thinking on this - your Christmas alien is so cute! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I absolutely love this! The colours are great. The cute alien and that sentiment are just fab! Totally original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever Louise - I love the way you thought outside the box here! We would definitely appreciate that card in this family! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louise, I adore this! Your alien is too fun and I LOVE that silver tree with colored bling! FABULOUS card! HUGS, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me chuckle Louise! Wow, what creative thinking from you this week, that would have had me stumped for sure but you've made such a fab and fun festive card - brilliant!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your card is very whimsical and fun! The sentiment ties it all together. Good for you for using the resources you already had - although I do have wonder why you had a felt alien to begin with, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx