Monday 21 January 2013

Cased Feathers

Yes, it's another feather card I am afraid, but this time it's for a monthly challenge I found a while back called The Cupboard Trilogy.  Over there there are three categories for you to enter- card, scrapbook layout and anything goes. This month the challenge is 'Follow My Lead' - basically look at the DT's projects, choose one and case it.
I looked at all the cards but the project which caught my eye most was a scrapbook layout.  Now I don't scrapbook, so I thought I could apply the layout to my card, like a sketch. So that's what I did, using the scrapbook LO by Lesley.
I used some Papermania papers and matching ribbon and buttons.  The feathers are stamped in Versamark onto kraft card for a very subtle watermark effect and the sentiments are from 2 SU sets, The Language of Friendship and Happiest Birthday Wishes

6 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, love your card, love the watermark effect you created on the Kraft card with the feathers, very effective, thank you for joining us the month at The Cupboard Trilogy, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Louise, I am glad my LO inspired you! Thanks for taking part in The Cupboard Trilogy challenge xx

    Lesley (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing some lovely things with this set Louise - great card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely LO, Thank you for join us in this months challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog

    Stella xx

    TCT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, I love the soft colouring of it all, and the clever layout....simple but very effective!
    Thanks for joining us this month at The Cupboard Trilogy,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this feather set too (and have made a few projects with it that I really must get round to blogging!) I like the subtle colours you've used here. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx