Saturday 15 December 2012

It's a Cracker!

Old joke, if you live in the UK! But this week's challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown is a cracker - literally.  We want to see your designs featuring crackers. It's our last challenge for 2012, the DT are going to take a little bit of a Christmas break, but we will be back with more Christmas card challenges in January (yes, that was January I said).
I decided to try a shaped card and used some green card stock to form the card base.  You can buy great shaped cards but I wanted to try to do it myself.
I covered the inside of the card with stripy DSP from SU and stamped a small postage stamp style sentiment. Then I added my decorations- just like decorating the real tree. They are little 3D stickers that my husband popped in my Christmas stocking last year.  Admittedly there were only 4 crackers in the packet but I've added a few stars, candy canes and a cute little gingerbread man.I matched the colours of the paper I used to the colours of the stickers. To be honest, it looks a lot like my own tree, which is decorated by the whole family with a collection of things we have amassed over the years, including spiders' webs, polar bears, birds of all sorts, beaded snowfkakes, tiny shoes, a precious reindeer which is from my childhood Christmas tree.  Do you have a tree like this?  Perhaps you  go for the colour coordinated look of matching bows and baubles?  Either way I am sure your tree looks gorgeous.
A happy and peaceful Christmas to my small but beautiful bunch of followers and to all of you crafters out there in Blogland
Louise xx

3 comments:

  1. Louise, I love this, you have done a fab job of making your own card. My tree has a mix of decorations and I have a tradition of just buying one special one each year, so every decoration has a meaning to me as the years go by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your darling card, Louise!!! The tree cut down the side and all the decorations...it's just fabulous! HUGS to you! M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise - I have a tree very much like you've just described! I have hand made ornaments from the kids over the past 12 and 19 years, some ornaments that were given to my husband and I over 20 years ago that were part of his family ornaments prior to that and a bunch of newer ornaments that we've also thrown on there. It wouldn't be featured in a Martha Stewart Living magazine but i love it as it holds lots of memories for me.

    I love how you made this tree for your card - fabulous job and great idea to scatter all those objects across it with the crackers. Merry Christmas dear lady! Looking forward to continuing to work with you in 2013.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx