Tuesday 12 June 2012

Card for My Dad

My Dad, who will be 79 this June, is an amateur watch repairer.  He's done it for years and when ever I go over he's usually on his hands and knees looking for some tiny watch part that he's dropped on the floor! Still, all the family and friends take their watches to Grandad to be repaired, so he's not that bad at it! This card is especially for him for father's day this year.
I am told it's called a joy fold card, and I made it today at a workshop, you can find the instructions here

I made the card and covered it with 'masculine' paper (it reminded me of men's pajamas!) and then made a smaller square card which I stuck in the middle. I stamped and cut out the pocket watches and made a frame, which I scored to add to the effect, and stuck these to the smaller card.
On the inside of this smaller card I stamped 'Dad'.  I added pearls to the centres of the watches and put the two square clock faces on the front flap. For each one I stamped two and cut them out and popped them with dimensionals, the smaller card catches behind them for a neat finish
Dad doesn't have a computer so putting the card on my blog won't spoil the surprise for him. I am sure he will love it. I would like to enter it in  Make My Monday challenge this week and in a couple of others: the one Stop Craft Challenge, and the Saturday Challenge who are both asking for Fathers' Day cards.
By the way, Dad loved this card and I got a top three mention (top four actually!) from the team at MMM. There were so many fabulous Fathers' Day cards entered in the challenge that I was very surprised and quite chuffed to get a mention!

6 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Louise - thanks for joining us again this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUst Gorgeous. Fabulous colours and I LOve the design.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous, Louise! LOVE the pocket watches with the bling details! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous masculine card, just perfect for our Father's Day Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how personal this is Louise and what a lovely focus the square of pocket watches make! I'm glad you mentioned your grandad doesn't have a computer because these men can surprise you by reading your blog when you least expect it! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card , your Dad must have loved it. Thank you for joining us at MMM
    suzi b :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx