Wednesday 31 August 2016

Signing Off

so, this is it, the last post for me. Today I have made a card for The Male Room and it will be my last card as a DT member. I have had great fun over the 4 or so years I have been doing this for various challenge blogs and have  posted over 560 cards but it's time to say goodbye. Most of the blogs I have worked on are still going strong and I'm sure you will continue to support them. The Male Room is close to my heart as I was there at its inception and remember having the idea of a male themed challenge blog floated at a friends craft club and saying I'd like to do that if only to improve my masculine cards, which I had always found tricky. But, I need to move on and there are great people on the DT, all awesome at creating masculine projects so it's not a hard choice. I had hoped to stay to see the year out but other pressures have got in the way. So, it's not just goodby to TMR but to blogland, at least for the foreseeable future.
I have made a one layer card for this challenge


It's a card for a teenager, or a rock star! The stamp is from Visible Image, and I know a couple of the other DT members have also used this stamp. I chose to push my limits with stamping (I've always been a bit of a 'smudger' which offends my inner CAS style) and I'm very pleased with how this came out


I chose to use lots of bright colours. In my family the guys love colours and I think sometimes we use too much brown, green blue and black as traditional male colours, so I've slipped in some red and yellow.


Originally the black image was going to be heat embossed but guess what? My heat gun broke this morning! Well timed or not? So, the black is as dark as I could stamp it. The sentiment is from Vertical Greetings. These are all great for contempo cards.


Hope you like this as much as I do. Good luck to everyone who works on any DT, it is a labour of love and may be it is not appreciated how much time it takes up but you are all stars and your passion for crafting always comes through in your cards. Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. This is an awesome card! I'm sorry to hear you have to leave. Sometimes life gets in the way. Hopefully you will be back soon. :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card. You're certainly going out in style Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect signing off card with it's vibrant colours, love the multiple images in the different colours.

    Sad to see you go
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really going to miss you, it has been fun working with you and I wish you all the best. I love this idea, rainbow stamping, so cool, may I borrow it? Goodbye and have fun.....Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louise - I am so sad that you're stepping down from the team and I'll miss you very much. However, I more than understand the need for new challenges and opportunities. I have a personal thanks for coming up with a masculine challenge as I just love it.

    You're going out in great style with this wonderfully funky card. The image is just fab and I love the way you've used the bold colours.

    Good luck - and do drop in from time to time. I enjoy seeing your photos! Hugs, Deborah xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx