Thursday 25 August 2016

Flowers to Finish

Hello and goodbye today. This is my last post as DT member at CAS Colours & Sketches, I have decided to take a rest from card making for the foreseeable future. I have been on the DT since November 2012 and was one of the founder members with my friend Jacqueline. It's been lots of fun and I've seen my CAS style develop and change but I'm finding it less and less enjoyable. A month off proved to me that, far from missing it I was actually relieved at not having to make cards and write posts and comments. So this is my (almost) final post- I am on one other DT and will completely finish next week.
Enough of that, here is the sketch for this week's challenge


You can use any shape without right angles, so I went with a circle and die cut an aperture. I embossed another piece of card and layered it over the top and stamped the sentiment from Happiest Birthday Wishes in the corner. I have also taken the liberty of rotating the sketch, you'll see why!


The flowers are all stamped from Jars of Love and Stippled Blossoms using the two step stamping method. I've used Flirty Flamingo and Sweet Sugarplum, because they were already out on my crafting table and added some Tangelo Twist to the mix.


The surprise is inside, where I have stamped a jar, water coloured some water inside and added a few stamped stems. I also added the stamped band and 'twine'. This keeps the card very CAS on the front, with lots of white space.


Even these lovely new stamps have not changed my mind about giving up card making. I will still be crafting in some way, I always have, and I do still intend to make cards for family and friends, and Christmas, of course. It's been a ball, thanks for checking in to my blog now and then,and Happy Crafting!










3 comments:

  1. And a totally fabulous way to finish up your CC&S DT stint. You'll be missed, but I know you've other crafts begging for your attention, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card - love the embossed squares...makes me thing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you'll be missed! I hope that we'll see you back again at some point when cards call your name and beg for your attention. I LOVE the embossed background and it's a brilliant idea to have the vase inside. Love it. Good luck to you and hope we see you again. Liz x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx