Thursday 1 October 2015

Watery Background Love & Joy

Good morning. It's been a lovely week here in Herefordshire, we've had lots of warm sunshine but my card this morning for the new challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches uses a cool, crisp colour palette

 
I went to my local craft club this week for some inspiration. Here we created backgrounds on glossy card using water and cling film to move and blend the ink on the card. The result is a surprise, every time you peel off the film. I made a few different ones but this one I used a dark blue ink and a light blue ink.


I stamped the image the next day, when the card was well and truly dry and had been pressed in a heavy book overnight. It is heat embossed in gold. The glittery gold hearts are peel offs 


I layered the background on some dark blue card. It was supposed to be a Christmas card, but I think it has evolved into something else!
I am sure you will see the other backgrounds I made over the next few weeks. It was such a fun technique to try

4 comments:

  1. I tried a similar technique for my card but didn't like the result and ended up doing something a bit different. It looks like you had better luck! :) I like that the sentiment is versatile enough to be used for either a wedding or an anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That background is just stunning, will have to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the marble like background is gorgeous - it's really soft and elegant. Gorgeous sentiment and nice to see some peeloffs being used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using this technique too Louise, you do get some amazing background pieces. I particularly love the softness of the colours you have used on your gorgeous card. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx