Thursday 20 August 2015

Autumnal Thanks

Still on holiday so here is my scheduled post for this week's challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches it is a colour week


Now, I don't have Cajun Craze, so I went with a generic orangey- brown colour. Mine is probably a little lighter than CC but it still works in the colour palette. Whilst CC&S uses Stampin Up names for colours it's more than OK to use any other brand, as long as the colours are close.


I stamped the ink pad onto white card and left it to dry before over stamping with Marina Mist. I also stamped the Thanks ( from Seasonally Scattered) on the card base in the same Marina Mist and then matched up the two images. Before sticking down the panel I stamped some leaves from Kinda Eclectic


Finally I added a double score line frame around the edge of the card, keeping it CAS with minimal layering. Sorry about the title, I'm not wishing the summer away, it's just that my card seems to be rather autumnal in design.The whole card is based on stamping and I was after a thank you card suitable to send to a man. These colours definitely said 'man card' to me but I will look forward to seeing what others create from them.





3 comments:

  1. Love how you've extended the thanks stamp with extra leaves, great idea, may be borrowing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was getting a masculine and autumnal vibe from these colors, too! I like how you've used the ink pad as a stamp here. I don't think to do that very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this - clean, simple and strong - super autumnal card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx