Thursday 15 January 2015

Playful Cat

Today's card was inspired by Splodge, my adorable, now three- legged cat. He's been through a lot the last four months but he's back to his lovable, cheeky self again and I love the way he's bounced back. I had a little help from the colour combo at CAS Colours & Sketches


I am always on the lookout for cat images or dies and I found this one just a few weeks ago. When I saw it I knew I had to have it, but when I stamped it I was even more pleased as the facial detail, including the whiskers came out beautifully. Not bad for £1!
Here you can also see the shine on his coat, achieved by using clear embossing powder over the black ink.






I made the 'spool of wool' from some red twine, which fitted the colour scheme perfectly. As the twine and the cat are both NBUS I would like to also enter the challenge at Casology this week. My white space is actually Kraft, but I am sure that counts.





8 comments:

  1. LOVE the use of the yarn - such a fun, textural embellishment, but still clean since it's small! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw this is so cute! I love the stamp and how you've used the wool! Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab yarn idea and I love the cat and sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that Splodge is back to being himself, Louise! He's a survivor!! Your kraft card is beautifully CAS and such a fun design! That stamp really is a great image with the head cocked to the side! I just love the glossy sheen and your inspired little twine wool spool!!

    Thank you so much for playing in the CASology challenge! This week CASology is collaborating with my NBUS Challenge #3 as you may have seen on the CASology site, so if you've linked a NBUS creation with CASology, please feel free to also link over at my NBUS challenge! Have a great day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sweet kitty image and the ball of yarn that you made! I'm glad to hear that Splodge is doing so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this so much - why can't I find stamps like that for £1???? - J xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card, love that ball of wool, a great touch. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photo of your little pusskins, Splodge, looks so cute as is your card. I love the little ball of yarn. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx