Saturday 24 January 2015

Oh Little Town

Happy Saturday! Being on the DT at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown means that you have to love Christmas, or more exactly, Christmas cards, because we make them all year round! Today I struggled, but I am very pleased with my efforts. The challenge this week is based on a technique-inlaid dies. I had to ask a friend about this as I wasn't sure. But basically you need several die cuts of your design and you inlay the colours into the negative of your die cut shape.


Now, I wasn't sure of this at all, but here is my best shot.....
I used a Tim Holtz die called Townscape. I cut it out of black card stock. I also punched out the starry night sky. I cut out all the houses and then I mounted this card onto silver card stock. I put some double sided tape behind the cut out houses. I used the die to cut five more Townscapes in different coloured card (using up scraps, I like that) and cut out individual houses. I pushed these shapes into the black die negative, but I forgot that using the double sided tape would also make the window and door apertures sticky. Silly Girl. So out comes the glitter.



Finally I added a ripped piece of white card to look like snow. This is my favourite way to make snow on a card, it always looks so effective.


I love the way this card looks, it reminds me of the carol Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem. Trying out a new technique is great fun, why not have a go, or may be you do this all the time and are an expert. Either way we'd love to see what you can create.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful! I really love your take on the challenge. The houses are so colourful and I do like the glitter on the windows for some sparkle. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used different colors for each of the buildings. The stars are a great touch
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that cute little town and the colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Louise, elle me fait penser a une nuit en Finlande cette carte, il ne manque plus que l'aurore boréale, j'adore que tu ais mis ces maisons de toutes les couleurs, cela lui donne beaucoup de gaieté, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Louise! I love the starbursts in the night sky and the houses are adorable. I hadn't tried this technique either, but I love it! April xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx