Wednesday 10 September 2014

Line of Lanterns

A card based on a sketch this morning, my sketch, designed for CAS Colours and Sketches. This time I made the design with this card in mind, or more particularly this stamp in mind. It's the first time of inking for this one.




The sketch lends itself quite well to this shape card, I often make square cards but I felt like a change! Love those summery shades, Lucky Limeade, with Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss (stamped off, or otherwise it's too dark for my liking) and Primrose Petals. Do you recognise the green paper? Stampin' Up addicts may notice it is a DP which has large poppy flowers,. I had already used the flowers on another card a few months ago. This time I cut some of the long stems off and laid the piece horizontal - love it when you can use up something which you thought was useless.  

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card - great colour choice too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun sketch, Louise! Love your card - great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the white-ish lines in the green designer paper mimic the stripey pattern on the lanterns. The colors you chose are quite cheery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx