Saturday 18 May 2013

Candy Cane Christmas


Don't these candy canes look yummy? They are for the theme challenge this week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, can you guess it.....

Yes, you're right, it's candies and sweeties for the holidays! I paper pieced these little canes from a die cut and added little red twine bows. I chose the DP to look like the Christmas tree, so that they could be 'tied' on.  Some sparkly glitter card adds a bit of bling and I added one more stamped candy cane with the sentiment.  It's a kind of fun card and I am going to pop in into the challenge at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge, where Hazel wants to see card with festive food and/or drink.
I am sure that you can think of all sorts of different sweet treats, my favourite would be chocolate covered cherries filled with kirsch but I don't mind the odd sugared almond or candy cane and I love the look of marzipan fruits, although I don't like to eat marzipan. Whatever your favourite is, I'd love to see it on your card or creation!

10 comments:

  1. Nice job on this Louise! Love the bows on each candy cane - perfect touch. A colorful and yummy looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy - candy canes!!! A super card for Christmas - I agree with Danielle, the bows are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sparkly paper. It adds so much to your ornamented tree card! Great job with the candy canes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab card Louise - gorgeous candy canes and bows - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely yummy looking, Louise! I adore the paper you used and the fabulous paper piecing! HUGS and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is very festive! I always like to hang candy canes on our Christmas tree; they work well as fun, inexpensive ornaments, and if one gets broken, then darn the bad luck, I have to eat it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your festive treats - those candy canes look yummy - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 125 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for May - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your card as soon as I saw it. So cheerful and perfect for the theme and holiday. Your candy canes are just so eye catching!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how cheerful and festive this is Louise and that's a cleverly done sentiment too! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, yummy yummy!
    These candy canes look very inviting! Love the little bows and the beautiful glitter border.

    Have a nice weekend
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx