Sunday 7 April 2013

Seize the Cup Cake

We're having a bit of a bake-off at our house this weekend, and I think it may have influenced my card making! My daughter, home from Uni, is baking chocolate -orange cupcakes, cappuccino chocolate eclairs and marshmallow muffins.  Here is my offering - much better for the waist-line.


 I have used the sketch this week from Seize The Birthday challenge blog, and, as it's week one, they would like to see feminine cards.  Here's the sketch, as you can see I've used a square card blank so I've had to change it a little, but isn't it fab - bet you can do all sorts with this one!


I used my cup cake builder punch to paper piece the little cake, and some pink and brown stripey paper from my stash - chocolate and pink is a favourite combination of mine.  I used Naturals White for the card base, as it reminded me a bit more of cookie dough than a basic white. I cut the lacy scalloped edge out of the striped paper.  Inside, I have folder over the 'ribbon' and finished it with a fish-tail (which you can't see) and added a border of coordinating paper which you can just catch a glimpse of in this photo


I think this would be a great card for any of my daughter's friends - they love cup cakes too!

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!! I love this color combo too! The multicolored flag is wonderful! So happy that you joined us at Seize The Birthday this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmmm Chocolate Orange cup cakes, pure heaven !!!!!

    Oh, and your card is scrumptious too!!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the sketch, the little pink gems make that cupcake pop! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a yummy card Louise. I can just smell the cupcakes you mentioned. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love cupcakes!!! So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such delightful colors! This is the best for the waistline, but the chocolate-orange cupcakes sound pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx