Thursday 29 November 2012

Colours and Sketches First Challenge

If you're into Clean and Simple designs, which I clearly am, then we have a brand new challenge blog for you! Colours and Sketches (C and S - get it?) Challenge blog can be found here. I am so chuffed to have been asked to be on the DT with several other extremely creative and talented ladies, and there's still time to join, if you add DT to your entry name. Every week there will be a challenge for either a colour combination or a sketch, but to kick it off we're going for both! This is the first sketch:

Combine that with Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip - it's enough to make your mouth water! Here's my card, with the little bird shown up close so you can see the detail on the stamping, using the Language of Friendship stamp set. I used  matching ink on the card stock and the Two step bird punch and the Boho Blossoms punch set.

The tiny sentiment is from a Kanban set. I used cream cardstock to make the card base and showcase the little birds.  I started off with different coloured birds but decided I preferred them all brown.  Don't you just love those little legs?

6 comments:

  1. Your birds are so gorgeous, Louise! I love what you did with the sketch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh the stamping on the bird is fab and I do love all the pops of colour from the leaves in the centre x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get that set - you've made it look fabulous! - great to have you on the team Louise - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic colour and how you have used the sketch. Thank you for your lovely comment on my CAS card and leading me to the CAS, Colours and Sketch Challenge, if I don't manage to enter this month I will deffinitely do something for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Lovely Card Louise! Those birds are just terrific :o) Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! I love this sketch and your card is wonderful, love the birds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx