Saturday 22 September 2012

Poinsettias and Pinecones

It's week 4 at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and that means embellishments... you know you love 'em!  This time it's something which I never use..eyelets. I thought you needed special tools, which as a rule you do, but I've cheated and used false eyelets, which look a bit like brads. I know we use eyelets in punched holes to attach ribbons and bows but I wanted to use them in a more creative way and so I thought about the centres of flowers.  Unfortunately, I don't have any Christmas flower stamps so I borrowed this set from another member of the DT and used an eyelet in the centre of the flower.  You can see what I mean on the close up. For better effect I think you would need a few more flowers, but crafting is often about trying something out and then improving on it later.

The card itself is a slider card and I made it at a workshop.  By the clever use of a strip of plastic bag the middle bit slides out to reveal the sentiment and space for you to write your message. Neat!
Do have a look at the other creations over at 52 CCT by clicking here - they've got some great ideas to get you started. Happy Christmas crafting!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT - I love the way you made it landscape, most do it portrait! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Louise! This is fabulous!!! LOVE the eyelets in the center! And the fancy slider is so cool!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is just terrific Louise! I love how you put the eyelet in the center of the flower and on the slider - quite creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the eyelet as the centre of a flower and it would work brilliantly with all sorts of styles of flower. The slider card looks very clever! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab slider card Louise and a great use of eyelets!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a slider card...how neat is that! Super cute, love the eyelet in your flower center!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx