Thursday 23 June 2016

Two cats On A Fence


Thursday means a new challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches and so we have a sketch to inspire your cards. Love this one, it's really versatile and makes CAS cards a doddle!


You will notice that I have rotated the sketch to allow my two cheeky cats to sit on top of the fence. They are both stamped using You Little Furball, one in black and one in Hello Honey. The fence is, of course, Hardwood, stamped using More Mustard.


To add interest the sentiment is stamped vertically, so easy now with the Vertical Greetings set. The grass is a freebie stamp and I've used the Mossy Meadow green that I used for the grass.


Below you might be able to see the subtle touches: a tiny rhinestone on the collars to represent the bells you sometimes see on cats' collars, a light touch of a Wink Of Stella and the embossed clouds behind them. This was a challenge, as the direction of the embossing folder and the fact that I only wanted the area behind the cats and fence to be embossed with the clouds, meant that it wouldn't go through my Bigshot. 


Solution? I used a rolling pin!

6 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous interpretation of the sketch. Love that hardwood stamp and the two cheeky cats are just perfect for the tab element from the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love it. And your interpretation of the sketch is great. I am still laughing, thinking of you embossing with a rolling pin! Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, this is adorable! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, this is a totally genius use of the sketch! I love the kitties on the fence! Clever of you to use your rolling pin to get the embossing where you wanted it! Awesome job on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You card is SO cute, I just love those two kitties sitting on the fence! Fabulous take on the sketch. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! The rolling pin idea is fabulous. I love the sketch turned on its side too. Liz x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx