Wednesday 2 March 2016

Park to National Park

Make it move! Paper engineering I like to think of it, these are some of the cleverest cards around, definitely beating anything you can buy, but they do often take a while to make. So, find some quiet time if you can and sit down and make one for this week's challenge at The Male Room. There re loads of ideas on the Internet, here is one I tried for the first time.


It's kind of like an unfolding present. Here I went for loads of texture and a theme of back to nature from the built up landscape. So, the front of my card uses brick and grass DP and a piece of guilded embossed card to look like metal, with a faux leather cover to the fold out bit. A town park in miniature.


And inside there are rocks and wood. I used a bold sentiment stamp from Delightful Dozen and left one panel bare for writing a message to the recipient.


Too arty? I am often looking for a theme these days to inspire my card making. I did have fun with this one and used up a few scraps, which is always good. If you want to try the challenge here it is




1 comment:

  1. Fabulous moving card, love that idea of a cascade of little pics - could be photos too I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx